Simple step by step instructions for updating your wordpress.com website pages
Log into wordpress www.wordpress.com/login and using your details.
Click on the “my sites” link on the top left and you should get this page:
- Select the page on the left menu that you want to update
- Edit text in the field shown. Text can be formatted using toolbar above text box.
- Adding a featured image – this shows at the top of the page
- Follow options to add one on the right side menu. A landscape image works best here.
- Adding images in page – select add media and choose image from library, uploading it if necessary.
If uploading a new image, add Title and Alt text to help SEO.
The image will appear in the text box. Select the image and a toolbar comes up with options to move left, centre, right and to wrap text.
- Update the page using button on top right. You can preview the page here too and edit if necessary.